
Well ol' boy, we certainly didn't see eye to eye on many things. We did, however, enjoy a game of street ball from time to time, where calling fouls was for sissies. We spent a lot of money on movies - some good, some bad - and rarely agreed on whether or not they were good. We ate a lot of good food: your chili dip is to die for and your sweet tea put me in a rocking chair on a porch in the hills of Kentucky. Whether you know it or not, you challenged me to acknowledge my ignorance. You taught me that photojournalism is primarily about people, and I can remember the one conversation we had that was a big inspiration for starting my column. I hope that you find a way to continue telling stories to people, whether on paper or by the fire, because you're incredibly good at it, and I know that whatever you wholeheartedly direct your effort toward will have great potential to influence others. Whether analyzing bat guano, fighting forest fires, or documenting your world, I believe you have a purpose on this earth that may be largely unknown to you right now, and that you will find it. Thanks for everything, Brett.




Tuesday, June 03, 2008
The Fellowship is Broken
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks Brett for everything, you will be missed but not forgotten.
Post a Comment